Thursday, December 3, 2009

How would I do makeup like Data from Star Trek?

I thought it would be fun to be Data from Star Trek for Halloween. I found some yellow Star Trek shirts on Amazon easily, and also found some yellow contact lenses (though I haven't been able to find gold), but am unsure how to proceed with the makeup. He's gold, but he also looks really pale.





The best thought I've had so far is to maybe mix gold and white grease paint and try that. Does anyone have any other suggestions or personal experience?


Also, would gold lipstick or eyeshadow be out of the question? I'm not going to bind my chest or cut my hair or anything, so I guess I'll be a female version of Data.





And, if it helps:





Contacts: http://www.colorlens4less.com/index.php?main_page=product_info%26amp;cPath=6%26amp;products_id=42





Shirt: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Generation-Uniform-Shirt-Costume/dp/B000H8IKZW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8%26amp;s=books%26amp;qid=1242878848%26amp;sr=8-7





If anyone has better suggestions for those, that'd be appreciated, too.


Thanks!How would I do makeup like Data from Star Trek?
look into grease paint or creme bases. Id prefer creme its waterbased and not oil like grease. I'd say go with white creme and then blend in a little green but only a little for a bit of a pale sage effect. You will have to search high and low for a gold powder but it is made, look for a make-up supply company that deals with Ben-Nye products. Use the Gold poweder in excess until the gold effect is seen over the light palid creme and then brush off the excess. Keep the powder on hand for future reaps.How would I do makeup like Data from Star Trek?
Data has a ';pale'; look, with as sdlightly metallic ';tinge';. When human flesh gets ';pale'; it tends to take on a slight greenish color.





So I would suggest a lighter shade of base makup that your own skin, mixed with just a tiny bit of green and just a hint of sparkle like gold.





But the BIGGEST ';feature'; of Data is that he has no features -- no warts, no pores, nio wrinkles. So you need a HEAVY base coat to smooth out your natural flaws, to make the skin appear MUCH smoother than a normal hunman.





I'm not sure if Data had any ';blood'; or not, so his lips and fingernaisl are ALSO very pale. There is nothing more fake appeearing than to see a ';zombie'; like makeup with bright red lips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin