Saturday, December 5, 2009

Teenagers wear to much makeup because they want to be like the 'hollywood stars' they see?

any info....advice....links....


that can help back up this argument?Teenagers wear to much makeup because they want to be like the 'hollywood stars' they see?
i dont think that is correct.. when i was in highschool it seemed most girls wore alot of makeup (cover up/foundation) because they didnt actually know how to apply it right, i had a friend who literally caked it on... also eye liner.. same thing, wore it too thick because we didnt know any better.


but make up in general is used to enhance beauty so thats why girls wear it.. i am 23 now and i have never wore make up to ';look like'; a celebrity..Teenagers wear to much makeup because they want to be like the 'hollywood stars' they see?
well i dont wear anymakeup, except chapstick and ocasionally a good tasteing lip gloss, its the same with all my friends, or at least their makeup looks really natural
I don't either. I use make-up as a form of art. I'm young enough to get away with bight colors, so i go all out most of the time.
no I disagree...I wear makeup so I can look nice in front of people, and of course to impress the guys(: But I guess if i see a star with makeup that looks reallyy cute I might try to copy it and see how it looks on me but i probably wouldn't wear it to school or anything.
'teenagers are often the subject of gross generalisation'


would be a more accurate topic.


it's often difficult to find information on a topic that is at least partially wrong.


also maybe ask this in homework help instead? as most of the people answering makeup questions clearly have an interest in makeup and your question trivialises something which is actually perceived as an art form by many.
loads of girls wear so much make up in my school it looks awful they look orange
mmm,


im not sure if this is right,


Maybe you should argue about the magazines and


what they publish, they could publish more natural makeup photo's
well not always...we teenagers dont really use it for the pleasure of looking like a celebrity. Most of us teens may want to use make-up to enhance or bring out our features you know? or maybe some of us have some unwanted acne or stuff to not show. ya sometimes though we like using makeup tips and guides FROM celebs to see what works best with our features, but we dont always put on a bucket of makeup to look like just like them
im sure some do.


i wear it because when i dont wear it and i look it the mirror i cant stand what i see.


but then again i just wear lots of eyeliner in a ';gothic'; fasion i suppose.


but i guess some girls wear to much makeup cause they seem to think its pretty


im not sure how...


i mean i feel gross if i wear foundation and such.


i do occasionaly like to wear white or black lipstick though...


hope i helped
insecurity, lack of parental guidance or care. the younger ones really look trampy with so much makeup. they dont realize how bad they look. and dont realize the long term effects of makeup from starting out at an early age.
No most girls do it because they want a guy or they feel their not pretty enough. I wear make up because I can't stand to look at my self in the mirror with out it.
this is sometimes true.


i have confidence n self esteem issues and i ALWAYS find myself comparing myself to the girls in the magazines, trying to get 'that look' when inside i know its close to impossible for me to acheive as they've all had hours of professional makeup/hair artists working on them, special cameras/lighting and LOTS of airbrushing.





although i found this product which makes my pores invisible like the girls in the mags, but its sad, im pretty much constantly doing something to improve my looks whether its my hair, tanning, nailpolish, moisturising, makeup, u name it! but its not in a vain way, im not doing all this stuff thinking i look good, i look in the mirror and cry some days, ive done a full face of makeup before then stepped back to look and just rubbed my eyes and smudged it all to mess it up.





but to look at me you wouldnt believe this.
I dont think so. I'm a teenager and no one i know wears make up to look like a celebrity.
I'm a teenager and sometimes I have to admit I DO put on too much makeup, that's because we do NOT know the limit and stuff YET. We definitely do not put makeup because we want to be like a hollywood star. No one is that dumb. please, that's like the dumbest excuse adults can come up with. We DO have celebrity makeup inspirations that's because the celebrities have good makeup techniques and we LEARN from them. We put makeup on because of our friends, and we personally think that we look prettier with makeup. Being prettier means attracting more guys. Sometimes, we go overboard but we still look at ourselves at prettier after makeup. We do not realize it until the next day when we look at your picture.





AND, we want to cover our pimples and zits and dark circles as much as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin